Winner's mature interviews

Nate Pann: Winner Interview (Red Velvet mentioned) I'm not a fan, but an interview that Kang Seungyoon did left a big impression on me...

Nate Pann: Winner Interview (Red Velvet mentioned)

I'm not a fan, but an interview that Kang Seungyoon did left a big impression on me so I went looking for other interviews..
But Winner really thinks so deeply and they value music so much..


1. In regards to competition

Q. In another interview you mentioned that people should view it all as friendly competition. What makes Winner different from other idol groups?
Lee Seunghoon: I would like our music to be relatable and healing for listeners. We receive questions about who our rivals are, but I think that kind of stuff can be hurtful to fans. We want to do music peacefully. The idea behind our music isn't to beat anyone, but to be healing.
"Rather than a competition, we want peace. We'd like to view it as a challenge. and we'd like it if you viewed it as friendly competition also. I think that we are going down different roads with different music from our male idol sunbaes. After listening to different idol group's music and you think 'I should listen to something else', I hope you'll take a listen to our music."


Nam Taehyun: "I respect all artists. I don't feel a sense of competition at all. Even if we felt that way, the fans are the ones who will be giving us the crown, so we don't write songs to try and beat other singers. We listen to other artists from the perspective of listeners, just like the public does."

2. In regards to other singers
It looks good that they say to work hard together for the sake of music
-In regards to the competition with this year's rookie groups, Got7 and Red Velvet.
>(KSY) I'm a fan of Red Velvet. They're so fresh.
>(KJW) He has ulterior motives(laughs).
>(KSY) Since our promotions overlapped we saw them a lot, and I found myself smiling at them. I think their concept is very good. They have a similar base as other SM girl groups but they have a refreshing feel to them.
>(LSH) We are really close to Got7.
>(KSY) [Through our rivalry with them] I hope KPOP will grow even bigger
>(LSH) [In Yang Hyunsuk's voice] To vitalize the KPOP market...(laugher)

Nam Taehyun's thoughts

Q. Is there a final dream that you want to achieve as a team?
Nam Taehyun: "I like The Beatles a lot. They owned a generation and they left their mark in history. I want Winner to be a team like that. Not just a team that's popular and good looking. I want people to say 'WINNER'S music is really good. WINNER are true artists.' I want people to have these thoughts. (trans. @YG_WINNER, timthemine, themYGboys)

Q. The team seems precious to you, how do you want to protect your own world and your team's teamwork?
Nam Taehyun: I stumbled across this statement once. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. I agreed a lot with it. I think about whether I'll be able to still have such good times without the members, and the team has become really important to me. Because I want to go far in the future, I will remember this phrase well.  (trans. @YG_WINNER, timthemine, themYGboys)

3. In regards to the things that they have achieved in a short time
Q. It must have felt even more like that considering the fact that you were able to accomplish so much within this short period of time.
Kang Seungyoon: But when we look at our accomplishments such as being number two on the Oricon chart or number one on music charts, we think less about the fact that we achieved something but how thankful we should be to the people who believed in us and supported us. In my opinion, because every member thinks like that, we were able to not lose modestly or slack off but become more humble. Of course, it also didn't really hit us just yet about everything happening these days. Maybe we can realize how we did if we receive any awards at the end of the year or perform in a concert hall that's filled to capacity. (trans. @YG_WINNER, timthemine, themYGboys)

I think I'll be looking for more Winner interviews now..
I realized a lot of things too..
Their music and their thoughts and feelings about it is really warm/filled with love..

Uh..Mm..
There are a lot of hard things going on for Incles nowadays, but stay strong!

(+482, -15)

1. (+166, -9) This is a kid that gets this touched over just a small event from fans.. His actions may be clumsy and small sometimes, but Taehyun really tries hard to express himselfㅠㅠ I want to see him soonㅠㅠ 

2. (+142, -3) It really seems like Winner is trying to win through their music. It's good to see.

3. (+140, -1) They really speak well/nicely.

4. (+65, -0) I want to see another Winner&RV performanceㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅠㅠ

5. (+52, -1) I'm a Red Velvet fan, but honestly when guys and girls do performances together, often times the girls get a lot of hate, right? So after Winner and Red Velvet did a performance together I was kind of worried, but I want to hit myself for thinking like that. After that day, we related with Incles a lot and I'm really thankful that both Incles and Winner look at Red Velvet nicely. I hope Winner does really well

6. (+47, -0) This is only right, does it make sense to say you do music to try and overtake someone and to compete with othersㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. (+47, -0) They're really different from someone else who tried to make it seem like it was an injustice that Red Velvet got number one...

8. (+44, -0) With this kind of mindset, there's no way they won't do well... Yeah, it doesn't make sense to make music to try and beat someone... I'm embarrassed of myself after reading this because I'm so obsessed with music chart rankings.. These guys are real singers

9. (+40, -0) Honesty in music will always be relatable for listeners. Winner's interviews are always touching

10. (+34, -0) Winner and Got7ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah sorry if it feels like I'm randomly squeezing Got7 into thisㅠㅠ On Weekly Idol, Jackson even said that he was close to and liked Song Minho, and he even accepted an award on behalf of Song Minho tooㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

11. (+27, -0) I'm just a VIP passing by, but these guys are seriously so sweet, and they speak so well too.. Incles are kind too ㅜㅜ As YG family members let's do well together, I'm always rooting for Winner!ㅎㅎ

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images